A sector with exceptional risks
A job in the media sector carries specific risks.
- The equipment and techniques used are becoming increasingly sophisticated under the influence of digitalisation. Damage to your equipment involves high costs, not only for the repair or replacement. A temporary halt in production is also a heavy financial burden. You should cover yourself for this.
- Media activities involve unforeseeable risks and bring you into contact with many different parties. So good insurance of your liability is also a must.
Specialised insurance solution for the media sector
Van Dessel has a very broad experience in insuring people and companies active in the media sector:
- production houses,
- film producers (including Tax Shelter),
- TV channels,
- companies that hire out audiovisual equipment,
- camera and sound people,
- professional photographers.
As a result, we know the needs and the dangers in the sector like no other. Our know-how has been translated into a unique insurance solution that perfectly meets your specific equipment and liability needs.
Are you a self-employed person or a freelancer in the media sector and do not employ staff? Then look here for our complete liability insurance for this target group.
How do we make a difference?
- Your camera equipment and sound and light equipment in our insurance is covered worldwide, including in war zones.
- Our insurance policies are tailor-made and contain specific extensions which are necessary for professional activities in the media.
- We use an advantageous depreciation formula, which preserves the original value of your equipment longer.
- Van Dessel works together with loss adjusters that are specialised in media equipment and can perfectly assess the value of your material.
- As a founding member of the Media Insurance Network, we also operate on the international stage.