As a self-employed entrepreneur, you come into contact with a range of different parties: suppliers, customers, competitors, etc. As a result, there is a good chance that you will one day become embroiled in a dispute. With legal aid insurance, you will avoid having to plough time and money into complicated (legal) proceedings.
Many insurance policies offer the option of a legal aid add-on. However, it is advisable to take out separate insurance for this purpose:
- You avoid conflicts of interest, as you can always rely on independent defence of your interests. What would happen, for example, if you didn't agree with the expert opinion of your own insurer?
- You won't run into low intervention ceilings. Legal aid insurance that is included in other policies is often very limited in terms of the insured amount. You may well be entitled to a lawyer, but they can hardly do anything for you.
- You will benefit from broader and more high-quality cover. Whereas a legal aid add-on is often very general and restricted, a stand-alone legal aid policy will be totally tailored to you.
Why choose Van Dessel?
- We defend your interests in a range of disputes: problems with the tax authorities, compensation for damages caused by third parties, legal proceedings, etc. Legal aid insurance is particularly beneficial in the event of contractual disputes, as these are often not covered by your other insurance policies.
- Legal aid cover can be very complex in terms of its content and often contains a number of exceptions. We provide you with a clear overview of the legal disputes for which you are insured.