There is a very real chance that your company will one day become embroiled in a legal conflict. A dissatisfied customer disputing the quality of your services, damage your company suffers as a result of a fire in an adjacent property, a dispute with a supplier: all of these scenarios can result in expensive, complex and time-consuming legal proceedings. The legal and financial support provided by your legal aid insurer can save you a lot of money and worrying in such situations.
Most car, fire and liability insurance policies contain a legal aid clause. However, there are plenty of reasons to take out a stand-alone legal aid policy:
- You avoid conflicts of interest, as you can always rely on independent defence of your interests. What would happen, for example, if you didn't agree with the expert opinion of your own insurer?
- You won't run into low intervention ceilings. Legal aid insurance that is included in other policies is often very limited in terms of the insured amount. You may well be entitled to a lawyer, but they can hardly do anything for you.
- You will benefit from broader and more high-quality cover. Whereas a legal aid add-on is often very general and restricted, a stand-alone legal aid policy will be totally tailored to you.
Why choose Van Dessel?
- We defend your interests in a range of disputes: problems with the tax authorities, compensation for damages caused by third parties, legal proceedings, etc. Legal aid insurance is particularly beneficial in the event of contractual disputes, as these are often not covered by your other insurance policies.
- Legal aid cover can be very complex in terms of its content and may contain a number of exceptions. We provide you with a clear overview of the legal disputes for which you are insured.