Are you looking for advice or a preliminary consultation?

Then feel free to contact us via the form below or call us on +32 3 482 15 30.

In Belgium, you are legally obliged to take out civil liability insurance for your vehicle as a minimum. This insurance policy covers damage sustained by others when you cause an accident for which you are responsible. However, you can also take out additional cover for damage you suffer yourself: comprehensive insurance, drivers' insurance or roadside assistance insurance.

Why choose Van Dessel?

  • You are the one who chooses what cover you want for your vehicle, passengers and yourself. We will be happy to help you decide and find the insurance company that provides the best conditions and tariffs for you.
  • In the event of a claim, you can count on our support. We will defend your interests and take over as much of the administration as possible.  
  • Even buying a new vehicle can be associated with a lot of paperwork. We are happy to take that off your hands to ensure that you can get out on the road as soon as possible.
  • Civil liability
    • All car owners are legally obliged to take out civil liability insurance. If you cause an accident while driving and you are at fault, then this insurance policy will cover the medical costs and material damage incurred by others (for example, the owner and passengers of the other vehicle, the passengers in your vehicle or any cyclists and pedestrians involved). But be aware: this does not cover your own physical injuries and damage to your vehicle.
  • Comprehensive insurance
    • If you also want to insure yourself for damage to your own vehicle, you can take out comprehensive insurance on top of the civil liability insurance. Limited comprehensive insurance covers your car against damage caused by fire, broken glass, storms and hail, collision with animals and theft. Fully comprehensive insurance also covers you for damage you cause yourself, damage following hit-and-run offences and vandalism.
  • Drivers' insurance
    • Neither civil liability car insurance nor comprehensive insurance cover you for physical injuries you sustain if you are responsible for causing an accident. Drivers' accident insurance does cover you for this.
  • Legal aid
    • Anyone driving their car on the road can end up having a run-in with the law, be that due to a traffic offence, an accident or a dispute with the mechanic. Legal aid insurance helps you during the legal proceedings and covers court costs and lawyers' fees.
  • Roadside assistance and breakdown insurance
    • Breakdowns and accidents always come at the most inconvenient times. With roadside assistance insurance, you receive 24/7 assistance for both your car and your passengers. Depending on the package, you can also opt for breakdown recovery, repair, a courtesy car, repatriation, etc.